Monday, March 19, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - Mar 19




It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

How are we back to Monday again? I must be getting old because the time flies too fast.

My review of Caroline by Sarah Miller was posted last week. You can find it here if you missed it.

I'm currently reading Welcome to Moonlight Harbor, a new series by Sheila Roberts.


Once happily married, Jenna Jones is about to turn forty, and this year for her birthday—lucky her—she’s getting a divorce. She’s barely able to support herself and her teenage daughter, but now her deadbeat artist ex is hitting her up for spousal support…and then spending it on his “other” woman.

Still, as her mother always says, every storm brings a rainbow. And when she gets a very unexpected gift from her great-aunt Edie, things seem to be taking a turn for the better. Aging Aunt Edie is finding it difficult to keep up her business running The Driftwood Inn, so she invites Jenna to come live with her and run the place. It looks like Jenna’s financial problems are solved!

Or not. The town is a little more run-down than Jenna remembers, but that’s nothing compared to the ramshackle state of The Driftwood Inn. Aunt Edie is confident they can return it to its former glory, though Jenna feels like she’s jumped from the proverbial frying pan into the beach fire.

But who knows? With the help of her new friends and a couple of handsome citizens, perhaps that rainbow is on the horizon after all. Because, no matter what, life is always good at the beach.

Next up will be this poetry collection by Cristin O'Keefe Aptowicz.


What's going on in your reading world? Read anything good lately? Hope you have a great week.

6 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've been wanting to read Sheila Roberts. Enjoy your books and your week; here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

Kathy Martin said...

I've never read anything by Sheila Roberts. That book does sound like I'd enjoy it. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Kathryn T said...

So this is a new series by Sheila Roberts, I've read a few of her books but because I can only take a number of small town series books I haven't kept up although I wouldn't mind being able to do so.

pussreboots said...

It's almost Spring Break here. Here's what I'm reading

Mystica said...

New authors for me so I appreciated the update.

Cheryl said...

Thanks to everyone who stopped by Monday. Sheila Roberts is a great author. I've missed reading her books.