Thursday, March 22, 2018

Beyond the Books - 2018 Spring Goals



Beyond the Books is a weekly feature hosted right by Kissin Blue Karen. Beyond the Books is a weekly writing prompt where she throws out a topic (mostly non-bookish) and others blog about it.

Spring is here, but someone should probably tell Mother Nature that the Northeast has had enough winter and the snow can stop at any time. Thankfully, we missed the brunt of this latest Nor'easter.

Since most of my goals center around reading and writing, I'm going to step away to draw up some more personal "me time" goals.


  1. Plant a vegetable and fruit garden. We had one, but as soon as I went back to work it became almost impossible to keep up. I'm determined that even if it is a very small one, a garden will be in my yard this year.
  2. Get back to exercising. Between work and taking care of the family and my in-laws, exercising has been non-existent. Need to change that for my own sake.
  3. De-clutter the house. I'm renting a dumpster, taking a week off, and cleaning the house. I'll donate a lot, but there is some stuff that is totally useless. 
These are my three large personal goals. They are pretty vague, but my plan is to order some seeds by the end of the month, and hopefully, if we don't more snow, I can clean up the garden area by then too. As far as exercising go, I need to add it to my work calendar or it won't get done. I'm thinking maybe Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. First step to de-clutter is decide on a week off. Maybe it is school vacation week, but then I fear the girls will want to go out instead of help with the house. I might get more done if I do it when they are in school. 

That's it for me. What are some of your goals? 

2 comments:

Karen said...

We have talked about renting a dumpster. I think we might actually have to do that for new store, so we will probably use that one to get rid of some junk. Some of it is stuff the old owners left in the basement, and some of it is our crap that is too bulky for the garbage cans.
This last nor'easter pretty much missed us in central CT. Someone told me there was another one right behind it though. Ugh!
Good luck with your garden. One day I want to be the type of person who plants things in the earth. These days I can barely find time to eat.

Cheryl said...

I hear you, Karen. When I eat three meals I consider it a good day. Good luck with clean up the new store. Sounds like an exciting project.

Thanks for visiting.